As the summer peaks, it’s the perfect time to plan an exciting day trip in Florida. Known for its beautiful beaches, diverse wildlife, and vibrant culture, the Sunshine State offers endless possibilities for memorable outings.
One of the many advantages of Coastal living is that there’s a world of entertainment at your fingertips. So, whether you’re lucky enough to be a local resident, or you’re visiting Florida, today’s blog will guide you through some fantastic Florida summer day trips.
- Explore the Everglades
No trip to Florida is complete without a journey through the iconic Everglades National Park. Embark on an airboat ride through the vast wetlands, spotting alligators, herons, and maybe even a manatee or two. Immerse yourself in the unique ecosystem as you hike along nature trails or take a kayak tour.
- Discover historic St. Augustine
Step back in time by visiting the charming city of St. Augustine, the oldest continuously occupied European-established settlement in the US. Explore the historic Castillo de San Marcos, a fortress built in the 17th century, or take a leisurely stroll along St. George Street, lined with quaint shops, restaurants, and art galleries. Marvel at the city’s Spanish architecture and enjoy a refreshing dip at the nearby Anastasia State Park beach.
- Experience the magic of Key West
Escape to the tropical paradise of Key West, located at the southernmost tip of Florida. Take a scenic drive across the Overseas Highway, known for its breathtaking views of the sparkling turquoise waters. Soak up the laid-back island atmosphere, stroll along Duval Street, witness a mesmerizing sunset at Mallory Square, or embark on a snorkeling adventure to discover the vibrant coral reefs.
- Enjoy the thrills at Orlando Theme Parks
For adrenaline junkies and families, Orlando is an essential summer day trip. There’s a variety of world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort, and SeaWorld Orlando. Experience the magic of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, take a wild safari expedition, or enjoy exhilarating roller coasters. Beat the heat by visiting water parks like Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon or Aquatica, where you can cool off and have a splashing good time.
- Relax at the Gulf Coast beaches
With its pristine white sand and turquoise waters, Florida’s Gulf Coast offers some of the most beautiful beaches in the country. Visit Clearwater Beach, known for its vibrant atmosphere, or head to St. Pete Beach, known for its powdery sand. Spend the day swimming, sailing, sunbathing, or building sandcastles.
Top tips for days out
- Research your chosen destination, including attractions, opening hours, and any reservations or tickets required.
- Consider visiting popular attractions during weekdays or earlier in the morning to avoid long queues.
- Stay Hydrated. Florida’s summer heat can be intense, so pack plenty of water and stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Apply sunscreen generously, wear a hat, and bring sunglasses to protect yourself from the strong UV rays.
- Opt for lightweight, breathable clothing and comfortable footwear to ensure a pleasant day out.
- Bring along snacks and refreshments to keep energy levels high and avoid overpriced food options.
- Be Mindful of Wildlife when exploring nature parks or beaches, and follow park guidelines for a safe experience.
- Bring a camera or smartphone to capture the breathtaking scenery and special moments.
Our slice of heaven
At SEASALT, we know how lucky we are to work and live in such a beautiful and exciting state. Florida is filled with endless opportunities for summer day trips and has it all: outdoor adventures, historical landmarks, thrilling theme parks, and relaxing beaches.
So, if buying a beach home in Florida and being close to the action is something you’re dreaming of, let us help you to realize that dream. Call us.